28 September 2014

My Collections of Traveler's Notebook.


Not sure if you know, but I started my first Midori Traveler's Notebook back in Year 2008. 
Back then, traveler's notebook like this (leather cover with interchangeable notebooks) was not as popular today. 

As I remembered, there aren't many people using Midori Traveler's Notebook back then.
Searching for inspiration on how to enhance my Traveler's notebook can only be done on Flickr.

In the recent years, I have more exposure to other traveler's notebook through the Facebook / Instagram. From there, I realized that I can get a customized Traveler's notebook in other colors
I can also get a leather cover that holds different types of inserts, particularly, Field Notes size.

My collections for FN size (3.5" x 5.5') fauxdori expanded with the opening of Blank and Write Shop

Let's see, what I have in my collections:




Top Left:
Pelle Journal, started in USA, and I got this black leather cover for review.
It is neat, but it does not charm me enough to use it - It's still new.

Top Right:
A Tan cover I got from a marker in I came across in Midori Traveler's Notebook Resources (Facebook group). I am all crazy for Tan leather. This is another new cover that has not seen action yet. 

Bottom Left: 
Braini Pocket, a customized leather cover from Japan. Instead of using elastic cord to hold the cover, it uses a non-elastic leather strap and turn it around a button to lock it. This is my daily carry as of now, replacing my Regular Size MTN (which is on the right). 

Bottom Right: 
This is my first Midori Travler's Notebook which I got in Year 2008. It was badly abused, and that's the way it should be. This is now retired and I am using it for personally journaling.


Top row:
The different editions of Midori Passport size Traveler's Notebook: Nigel Cabourn edition, 2014 Daily Planner and Star Ferry Edition.

Bottom Left: 
Personal PP size MTN on the left is my first PP MTN, another piece of retired MTN.
EDC (Every Day Carry) on the right is one I took over from a friend, and I am carrying it everyday.



This is going to be a long list, so let me KISS (Keep It Simple & Sweet).

1 & 2 are from Cody Williams (www.wmsbag.com). 
If you are a owner of Cody's product, you will certainly love his work.
Not only did I own 2 covers from him, I had my daily carry bag by him.

3 was from Davis Leather Works, a Field Nuts edition. 
It has a special way of attaching the notebook to the cover, which I personally don't like.
Therefore, I done some modification to it.

4 & 5 is from Monique Vanmeulebrouk (her online shop is here). 
I wanted something nude - Tan leather, with no treatment, and I got my 4 from her. 
5 is a special customized piece - I told her I need a stiff leather, and she made sure that this piece is completely well done.

6 was a gift from Vijay of CraftyDoodles.

7 is a Raydori from Ray Blake. I have badly abuse this cover, which turns out great.

I got 8 as a gift, and it was purchased from E2 Field Gears.

9 is a fabric felt cover hand stitched by a friend. 

Brass pen is a new kind of poison altogether.
Despite the fact I have many other brass pens, bullet brass pen is a total different thing.

I think I have done enough poisoning.....

1 comment:

  1. Wallets are accessories that have great functionality as well. These are absolutely essential in the present day scenario. In fact, wallets are one of the safest accessories that can be teamed up with all kinds of attires and on all occasions. Kara brings a wide range of exquisitely designed wallets for its customers. Leather Field Notes Wallet

    ReplyDelete